[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#593][opened] WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers
tiran
2017-03-15 07:41:57 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
Ticket 6604 makes pylint and jsl optional dependencies. The change
is controversal, because some developers prefer that pylint and jsl
should be required unless explicitly disabled.

`make patchcheck` is my answer to address the concerns. It's a superior
solution to `make lint` as pre-commit check. It combines several
additional checks under a single, easy rememberable and convenient make
target:

* build all
* acilint, apiclient, jslint, polint
* make check
* pylint under Python 2 and 3
* subset of unit test suite

"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa
git fetch ghfreeipa pull/593/head:pr593
git checkout pr593
tiran
2017-03-15 07:50:45 UTC
Title: #593: WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers

tiran commented:
"""
Depends on PRs #475, #587, #594
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-286665946
tiran
2017-03-15 10:50:01 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers
Action: synchronized

git checkout pr593
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran
2017-03-15 18:49:15 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers
Action: edited

Changed field: title
Original value:
"""
WIP: Add make patchcheck for developers
"""
tiran
2017-03-17 14:40:47 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: Add make patchcheck for developers

git checkout pr593
tiran
2017-03-17 14:41:21 UTC
Title: #593: Add make patchcheck for developers

tiran commented:
"""
All dependencies have been merged. PR is ready for review.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-287372325
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran

tiran
2017-03-29 09:24:50 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: Add make patchcheck for developers
Action: edited

Changed field: body
Original value:
"""

"""
tiran

tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran

"""
tiran
2017-03-31 07:00:53 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers
Action: edited

Changed field: body
Original value:
"""
Ticket 6604 makes pylint and jsl optional dependencies. The change
is controversal, because some developers prefer that pylint and jsl
should be required unless explicitly disabled.

`make patchcheck` is my answer to address the concerns. It's a superior
solution to `make lint` as pre-commit check. It combines several
additional checks under a single, easy rememberable and convenient make
target:

* build all
* acilint, apiclient, jslint, polint
* make check
* pylint under Python 2 and 3
* subset of unit test suite

Depends on

- [X] #475
- [X] #587
- [X] #594
- [ ] #636
- [ ] #670
"""
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran

git checkout pr593
stlaz
2017-03-31 08:32:53 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

stlaz commented:
"""
The changes to Makefile and configure.ac are just fine. I understand that changes in the `ipapython/session_storage.py` are done elsewhere so once that is pushed, we'll need a rebase.
I don't see the explanation why we're disabling the test in `ipatests/test_ipapython/test_session_storage.py `, that might need a different commit?

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290651108
tiran
2017-03-31 08:47:46 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

tiran commented:
"""
```test_session_storage``` is not a unit test or functional test. It is an integration test that depends on a valid Kerberos configuration and session. Do you prefer a separate PR?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290654739
stlaz
2017-03-31 08:50:56 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

stlaz commented:
"""
Whichever is ok with you, I don't mind if it's in the same PR if it is related to the same ticket.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290655653
tiran

git checkout pr593
tiran
2017-03-31 09:16:48 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

tiran commented:
"""
I split the changes to session storage tests into a separate commit. The other commit is in #670
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290662222
stlaz
2017-03-31 10:10:34 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

Label: +ack
stlaz
2017-03-31 10:10:30 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

stlaz commented:
"""
Thanks, ACK.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290673932
stlaz
2017-03-31 10:33:43 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

stlaz commented:
"""
@MartinBasti #670 was ACKed already and the commit was originally a part of this.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290678477
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 10:31:31 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

MartinBasti commented:
"""
@stlaz why is this ACKed when it depends on #670 ?
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290678060
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 10:35:56 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

MartinBasti commented:
"""
Ah right the description hasn't been updated

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290678887
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 10:36:06 UTC
Author: tiran
[...]

- [x] #636
- [ ] #670
"""
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 10:37:14 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

MartinBasti commented:
"""
Needs rebase
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290679169
tiran

git checkout pr593
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 11:49:21 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

MartinBasti commented:
"""
master:

* e357133fd7b276ccabfe1896ee948f2bb3541d94 Add make devcheck for developers
* 6c092c24b2bfbba0a3f263d88f7a0dbf83f24869 Skip test_session_storage in ipaclient unittest mode

ipa-4-5:

* 89ab24f1fbb58feb603d60503c685ebad41a4237 Add make devcheck for developers
* c80adf6e0d16f807f90479660af22540cd92d774 Skip test_session_storage in ipaclient unittest mode

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/593#issuecomment-290691783
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 11:49:24 UTC
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers

Label: +pushed
MartinBasti
2017-03-31 11:49:27 UTC
Author: tiran
Title: #593: Add make devcheck for developers
Action: closed